Yes, I’m back. From outer space. Well ok, not from outer space.
A year is a long time in cyberspace though. Had I been looking to lose every reader I ever had and plunge myself into virtual obscurity I could not have done a better job. On the off chance that anyone should happen to read this and if they should have ever happened to have followed my previous blogs I feel the need to offer some sort of explanation for my absence.
Fair to say that there have been some changes in my personal life.
However it has never been my aim or desire in this forum to highlight or dwell upon my personal life. I like the anonymity that blogging affords and I have no interest in changing this. There will be no Jerry Springer-esque bitch-slapping showdowns, no emotional fireworks, no meltdowns, no head shaving. I’m not even going to lip sync although to be fair that would be preferably to my singing voice.
As of the last time I published this blog the cast has changed somewhat. Before there was a Husband and a pair of rabbits. In a comparatively (I am reliably informed by my peers) amicable move the Husband is now auditioning for other roles. The Rabbits have retired to the country – this is not a euphemism, they actually live with a very nice lady in the country who dotes on them and gives them the time and space which I could not. I am also down a couple of Grandparents but I am afraid those are roles I will not be able to fill.
In light of these changes I have been recruiting. Introducing my new supporting actor – the Blonde. I’m afraid my creativity in naming is not what it used to be. Naturally he has brought his own cast and crew – too many to find pseudonyms for all at once so I will drip feed them as required. Note - photo is representative only, actual blonde may vary
The only other notable and very recent additions are two rather enthusiastic Burmese kittens – in order to protect their identities we will call them He-kitten (the dark stupid one) and She-kitten(the light cunning one) . By this logic if I ever have a son he will be called He-man and his first words will be “by the power of greyskull”. Safest that I stay away from procreation methinks.
There has also been a change of locale. We are now coming to you live from West Auckland. I know. I never thought it would happen. It doesn’t seem to quite live up to it’s stigma but then where we live the front lawns are far too small to fit a Holden wreck. And honestly, I find the sound of the police helicopter at nights soothing.
That’s pretty much it for this public service announcement. Expect normal transmission to resume in 5…..4…..3…..2…..1………………..
A year is a long time in cyberspace though. Had I been looking to lose every reader I ever had and plunge myself into virtual obscurity I could not have done a better job. On the off chance that anyone should happen to read this and if they should have ever happened to have followed my previous blogs I feel the need to offer some sort of explanation for my absence.
Fair to say that there have been some changes in my personal life.
However it has never been my aim or desire in this forum to highlight or dwell upon my personal life. I like the anonymity that blogging affords and I have no interest in changing this. There will be no Jerry Springer-esque bitch-slapping showdowns, no emotional fireworks, no meltdowns, no head shaving. I’m not even going to lip sync although to be fair that would be preferably to my singing voice.
As of the last time I published this blog the cast has changed somewhat. Before there was a Husband and a pair of rabbits. In a comparatively (I am reliably informed by my peers) amicable move the Husband is now auditioning for other roles. The Rabbits have retired to the country – this is not a euphemism, they actually live with a very nice lady in the country who dotes on them and gives them the time and space which I could not. I am also down a couple of Grandparents but I am afraid those are roles I will not be able to fill.
In light of these changes I have been recruiting. Introducing my new supporting actor – the Blonde. I’m afraid my creativity in naming is not what it used to be. Naturally he has brought his own cast and crew – too many to find pseudonyms for all at once so I will drip feed them as required. Note - photo is representative only, actual blonde may varyThe only other notable and very recent additions are two rather enthusiastic Burmese kittens – in order to protect their identities we will call them He-kitten (the dark stupid one) and She-kitten(the light cunning one) . By this logic if I ever have a son he will be called He-man and his first words will be “by the power of greyskull”. Safest that I stay away from procreation methinks.
There has also been a change of locale. We are now coming to you live from West Auckland. I know. I never thought it would happen. It doesn’t seem to quite live up to it’s stigma but then where we live the front lawns are far too small to fit a Holden wreck. And honestly, I find the sound of the police helicopter at nights soothing.That’s pretty much it for this public service announcement. Expect normal transmission to resume in 5…..4…..3…..2…..1………………..
3 comments:
Oh yay, you're back. I loved 'Edmonds' (still anticipating the book and the movie). Looking forward to browsing the musings of a fellow Westie.
Hi - just discovered your new blog. Great to see you. I look forward to hearing about your kitties as I'm the owner of two new burmese myself. They are our first burmese and we'll never go back. They are an absolute joy.
Hi Morven
yes the kittens are a joy. These are my first Burmese. I figured if I was going to feed something it might as well like me - with a Burmese you can almost guarantee that! Very glad we got two, they are furry little bundles of energy but at least they wear each other out rather than me having to do it!
Post a Comment